Friday, September 11, 2009

I Suck

Some women look as if they have been nursing babies all their lives.  Like, they have some knowledge that was passed down from their mama's mama's mama's mama.

Me, on the other hand, I look like I read the Cliffs Notes booklet on it.

My right boob feels like it is going to fall off.  When Mikey nurses on it, I have to either cry or try to use deep breathing to get through it.

I have no idea what is going on with it.  I just know that it hurts.  A lot.

Nursing just doesn't come easy to me for some reason.  

Nursing wasn't easy with Katie.  We had shields to use, formula supplementing, pumping, etc. To tell the truth, it was kinda horrible until the 3rd month.

This time around, it's a tad bit easier.  My milk came early (before I left the hospital) and Mikey was ready to eat.  It's just the whole pain thing that I can't stand.  Why can't I just nurse and be happy?  Why does everything with me have to be a challenge?  I want it easy, folks.  Can you blame me?

So, if this boob pain doesn't clear up I'm gonna have to visit a doctor.  Sigh.

There is one thing about nursing the second time around though.  I am not shy about getting it done in public.  

Last weekend, we had to get new tires on our truck.  I was seriously thinking about nursing on one of the display couches of the Fred Meyer that was next door to the tire place.  Huzbend protested.  So, I opted for a bench outside the entrance to the Fred Meyer.

So far, I've nursed at the zoo, a water park, in the truck a bunch of times, at a park or two, at a preschool meeting and outside a Fred Meyer.  Where will I whip 'em out next?  We have a trip coming up - the airport?  the airplane?  my sister's wedding?

Stay tuned.  

October & November 2023

 The next day was October 1st. We flew back home and were ready to rock October. October was a bit crazy. As I look at the calendar trying t...