Friday, September 18, 2009

Tractors

Katie, Mikey and I took a visit to a local Mom hangout for our playgroup today.

It's a cafe/coffee house where Mom's and Dad's can sit, talk and eat and the kids can play with various toys. They had a Thomas train table, so all was well.  Katie carried "Gordon" around for the hour and a half that we were there.  I had to make him talk only a couple of times.

The only problem with the place was that they served PB&J.  So, I was on hyper-alert mode looking for signs of an allergic reaction every time Katie touched something.

After hanging out there for a while, we headed outside to a playground.  Katie climbed a rope ladder thingie all by herself and then hung from a trapeze looking contraption.  She also managed to almost fall off a kid-sized merry-go-round too.  Mikey slept the entire time.

Mikey finally started to get cranky, so I decided to pack it up.  We got back to the car and Katie saw this "train" riding by with some kids in it.  The train was actually made up of four cars and was pulled by an engine that was actually a tractor in disguise. 

I fed and changed Mikey in the car and we went over to ride the train.  Each ride is, like, $3.50, but I had coupons for two free rides from some haircuts that Katie had gotten.

Katie sat in the caboose all by herself, while Mikey and I plopped down into another train car. She was very proud of herself and told me that the caboose was really bumpy.

There's nothing like a tractor ride on a nice day.

I miss Poppop.

October & November 2023

 The next day was October 1st. We flew back home and were ready to rock October. October was a bit crazy. As I look at the calendar trying t...